Jessica's Reviews > The Lincoln Lawyer

The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly

Jun 03, 11

Recommended to Jessica by: My brother in law
Read from May 28 to 31, 2011

This book was recommended to me by my brother in law. For the first few chapters, I was interested then as I kept reading I was captivated until at last I was hooked! I read every chance I could. I put the book down even though I did not want to but, right away picked it up the next day. I would go over a couple of minutes on my breaks & lunch just because I wanted to keep reading and see what happened next.

Now on to my review!

Mickey Haller is twice-married, but has a great relationship with both his ex-wives. He has a daughter (Hayley) from his first marriage and he lives alone in a house with a spectacular view. I liked his character and the way it developed as you continued reading. Although he never really knew his father’s he is still trying to live up to his father’s approval. He some what lives in his father’s shadow who famous lawyer.

Haller is a criminal defense attorney in L.A. who doesn’t have an office & works out of the back seat of his car a…Lincoln. With a wide-ranging practice, he defends clients of every kind from Bikers, con artists, drunk drivers, drug dealers and even murderers— they're all on Haller's list of clients. For Haller, the law is hardly ever about guilt or innocence — it's more about negotiation and manipulation. Occasionally it's even about justice. He’s spent every part of his professional life fearful that he wouldn't recognize innocence if it hit him in the face. This is because his father had always said: "The scariest client a lawyer will ever have is an innocent client. If you screw up and he goes to prison, it'll scar you for life." But what he should be on the look out for is evil.

Don’t want to give any spoilers so I will leave it at this!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lincoln Lawyer.