Melannie :)'s Reviews > There You'll Find Me

There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones

Nov 21, 11

bookshelves: most-anticipated, favorites, to-re-read, to-buy-soon, read-2011, cant-get-enough-of
Read from October 11 to 12, 2011

Remember I was crazy excited about this book?
I thought I was definitely going to love this book.

Turns out I was absolutely and 100% right. Well, kind of. I l don't think I imagined I was going to love it this much.
I read it four days ago and I still think about it and smile, but let's get down to business, here's the review:

There are times when you like a book because the characters are funny or because the story is good.

There are times when you love a book, because you relate to it or maybe because it spoke to you.

And then, there are times when a book pulls at your heartstrings and makes you different than what you were before reading it. A book that changes your life, they call it. There you'll find me did that for me.

It was so much different than any book I’ve read before. It was poignant, and captivating; lyrical and beautiful, and much more than your ordinary Young Adult book.

...

Full review here:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read There You'll Find Me.

Quotes Melannie :) Liked

Jenny B. Jones
“This is Ireland, Finley. It's rough. It's wild. And it is holy.”

Jenny B. Jones
“- We don't even like each other.
- I pretty much can't stand you.
And then his lips crushed to mine.”

Jenny B. Jones
“You can talk to your old dad about anything, you know. Except boys. And bras. And that Bieber fellow.”

Jenny B. Jones
“I believe God spoke to you at cliffs. Her hand came to rest on the top of my head. But perhaps you weren't truly listening”

Jenny B. Jones
“To truly try means to accept God's love, his healing, to accept the world can be ugly, but your heart doesn't have to be. It takes courage, Finley the warrior. You haven't held on to your anger and bitterness in search of healing, but as a banner of your hurt. Because it's real and visible and strong, " she said. "But so is God's love and so are those arms he's holding out for you.”

Jenny B. Jones
“You’re a teenager. It’s all complicated.”

Jenny B. Jones
“My fate is like those envelopes – sealed and tossed aside.”

Jenny B. Jones
“Sir, your friend needs to put her seat belt on."
"As much as I like a lovely girl leaning on my shoulder," a lilting voice whispered near my ear, "I think you might want to listen to the flight attendant.”

Jenny B. Jones
“What is it you want, Finley Sinclair?"
Some peace. Some healing. To hear God's voice again.
I wanted to find my brother's Ireland. To put it into song.
And I wanted my heart back.
"I'll know it when I find it." I looked past Beckett and into the night sky. "Or when it finds me.”

Jenny B. Jones
“And this is Liam," Erin said with leass enthusiasm.
"I'm twelve. But I'm mature for my age. In case you felt like dating a younger man."
"Mature?" Erin snorted. "You still play with Legos."
"Just practicing for my future in engineering." His voice cracked in an unintended squeak. "Mam says one day girls are gonna fall for my intelligence." Liam wiggled those brows toward me. "Better get me while I'm still available.”

Jenny B. Jones
“I'd had too many moments when I had needed saving. But I wanted those to be over.”

Jenny B. Jones
“Dream about me while you're in school."
"Would that be with or without your false teeth?"
He gave me a slow wink. "They're fangs."
"Kind of sad you have to use props to get the girls."
"It's absolutely tragic, isn't it?" His smile reached his eyes. "Be sure to put me on your prater list.”

Jenny B. Jones
“Dig deep into that cold, callous heart of yours, Frankie.”

Jenny B. Jones
“This isn't what I expected."
"What?-Life?”

Jenny B. Jones
“That will give me time to hang out with Finley." His thin eyebrows waggled. "Show her what a real man can do with Legos.”

Jenny B. Jones
“If I'm going to be your bloomin' tour guide, I'm gong to do it right." He held out his hand."Do you think I'd take you somewhere dangerous?"
"You bite people for a living."
"Don't be a chicken."
"If you push me over the edge, my parents will be seriously ticked."
He grabbed my hand and pulled me along. "They'll probably send me a thank-you note.”

Jenny B. Jones
“When I get to heaven one day, I'm going to ask God how it's possible that time moves so much quicker on the weekends than on school days.”

10/11/2011 page 34
11.0% "I'm loving this sooooo soooo much."
10/11/2011 page 133
42.0% "*giggles in delight*" 2 comments
10/11/2011 page 143
45.0% "oh my god, I looooooooooooooooove her dad! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Katie Stout GREAT book :)

Melannie :) KM wrote: "GREAT book :)"

it truly is.

message 3: by Nataly (new) - added it

Nataly i think uve just encouraged me to read it ,thanks

Melannie :) Yes! my job is done! I highly recommend it <3

absolutely loved this book and hopefully you'll love it too! (:

Angel where can i find this book?

Melannie :) Angel wrote: "where can i find this book?"

in your nearest bookstore! ;)

it's also for sale on amazon and the book depository :)

Angel thanks:)

Karen Your review was the reason I requested this at my library and oh my goodness, I'm SO glad I did ^_^ It was so much more than I expected!

Melannie :) Karen wrote: "Your review was the reason I requested this at my library and oh my goodness, I'm SO glad I did ^_^ It was so much more than I expected!"

aww it makes me so glad to hear that, Karen! makes the time I spend working on these reviews worth it! :)

Secrette This book was soo amazing! I found it in a ya christian book list, normally, although I am christian, God seems forced into the story, and so, I rarely read from this genre,but this was perfect and wonderful and I wish I could read it for the first time all over again!

message 11: by Melannie :) (last edited Oct 21, 2012 12:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Melannie :) Secrette wrote: "This book was soo amazing! I found it in a ya christian book list, normally, although I am christian, God seems forced into the story, and so, I rarely read from this genre,but this was perfect and..."

I know right?! I am a christian too, but I used to *never* read christian fition, but this author is wonderful she integrates God in the story so effortlessly, just like He is in real life. I love it.

Ever since I read this book I've been trying lots of christian fiction books and I'm shocked, at least all of the ones I've read are supreme! I'm in love!.

Have you tried this series?
Waterfall (River of Time, #1) by Lisa Tawn Bergren Torrent (River of Time, #3) by Lisa Tawn Bergren Cascade (River of Time, #2) by Lisa Tawn Bergren