Christi Snow's Reviews > Cowboys Like Us: Cowboys Like Us\Notorious

Cowboys Like Us by Vicki Lewis Thompson

Jul 28, 11

Read on July 25, 2011

Full review reposted from my Smitten with Reading blog...

My Review:
Girls, we all love a hot alpha male who is vulnerable and needs saving. Caro, the heroine of this book, is just like us and she sees in Logan a hot sexy alpha-male that needs a little help. He's just lost his life's dream of playing baseball and is floundering without a purpose in his life. To focus completely on his baseball goals, he never made a Plan B for his life if something happened to his career like a player sliding into home and ruining his career as the starting catcher for the Chicago Cub. Now he's wallowing in the loss of all of his dreams.

Caro has her own life-stresses, but this eternally upbeat heroine refuses to let them get her down. She knows that Logan is only in town temporarily, but she doesn't have time for more than a fling anyways, so she jumps into bed with Logan with clothes flying figuring that he'll be a welcome diversion and maybe she might be able to help him along the way too.

I love the way that these two connected. Not just physically (although wow...that was really hot, too,) but they connect to each other viscerally and on a really emotional level. Caro can see what Logan doesn't say and it's the same for him with her. They "get" each other almost immediately. This translates into really incredible scenes in the bedroom too, but overall it makes for a truly beautiful romantic story. Logan is wounded mentally, but Caro doesn't try to brush over things to save his feelings. She talks to him about what is happening and calls him to the mat. She's honest when he really needs her to be (and when no one else will be,) but she's all the way there and completely supportive when he needs her to be.

They both know that their relationship can't go anywhere although neither of them are really happy about that fact. They are simply trying to embrace and enjoy the time that they have together without getting too emotionally involved. His life is in Chicago. Hers is in Wyoming and neither of them can see that fact changing anytime soon.

There is a lot of growth and development for Logan in this book. He has to redefine his life and his notion of self and, quite honestly, the life rules that he's used for his entire life. But it's a fabulous development and when it was all done, I was crying happy tears. Just a gorgeous story.

...And it looks like there are three more Sons of Chance stories coming to us next summer, 2012. YEEHAW!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cowboys Like Us.