Cathy/The Crazy Bookworm's Reviews > Abandon

Abandon by Meg Cabot

Jun 03, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read in May, 2011

"Anything can happen in the blink of an eye. Anything at all. One. Two. Three. Blink" Pierce Olivieri

Abandon was my first Meg Cabot book, and I can happily say that I am big fan! I don't know why I have never picked up one of her books until now, because I have heard countless amazing things about her writing. And now I definitely see why.

Abandon is filled with heart-pounding, page-turning suspense. The way the author paced out the story was perfect. Her writing style let the story flow out beautifully, and let the magic sink in. Going into the book, I only knew the basics about the Persephone myth. After reading this book, and researching the Persephone story, I have fallen in love with the legend, and absolutely loved what Cabot did with it. Not knowing much about Greek Mythology this book introduced a whole new genre to me, one that I can't wait to explore.

The character cast was so entertaining. I loved John from the very beginning, I found him alluring and mysterious. He definitely earned a spot on my 'Favourite male characters' list. As for Pierce, I loved her! She was witty and a blast to read. I devoured this book because of it's hauntingly beautiful setting, great characters and interesting plot.

The second book to the series, Underworld is set to release in 2012. I can't wait to get my hands on that, and see what Meg Cabot has in store for Pierce, and the rest of the characters. Abandon is a fantastic introduction to this series. A must read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abandon.