Princess Bookie's Reviews > Second Chance Summer

Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

Jan 02, 13

bookshelves: read2013
Read from January 01 to 02, 2013

My Thoughts: Oh my freaking gosh, I loved Second Chance Summer. I went into it hoping I would enjoy it but I fell madly in love with it. I loved it to pieces. I loved every single second of it even when things weren't perfect.

We are introduced to Taylor who lives with her mother, father, older brother Warren and younger sister Gelsey. They aren't the perfect family but things are normal and they care for one another.

Every summer they go up to their house up in the mountains and spend the summer but they haven’t done it in 5 years. Things have gotten hectic and their lives never seem convenient enough to go. The timing is just off.

Taylor also has a past with this house and their summers. She had a best friend and a first boyfriend up there. She left them on a sour note.

When the family gets shocking news her father wants the whole family to go and spend the summer together, abandon all other plans.

They get in their cars and go. The place is just as Taylor remembers it but she notices her first boyfriend Henry’s house is different. He’s moved away. She’s relieved she won’t have to face him. YES! She also figures if she stays inside most of the summer she also won’t have to face her old friend Lucy.

Things don’t go as planned for Taylor and she runs into a lot of people from her past.

I loved both her relationship with Henry and Lucy. Lucy was such a funny and carefree best friend and Henry was just swoon worthy. Oh Henry! I savored and ate up those moments with Henry. I lived for them. I loved the moments with her family. I cherished them the way Taylor did.

This one is also devastating. It was hard reading about her family and what was going on. Probably because I've experienced losing a parent and its not fun. I could relate so much to Taylor and what she was feeling.

And the kicker, I cried my little eyes out at the end. I just sat there and had tears rolling down my face. I guess that is when you realize that a book is truly amazing. When it brings up so many emotions in you, you don’t know what to do.

Second Chance Summer started my reading year with a bang. It’s going to take a lot to live up to this amazing novel.

Overall: I enjoyed this one to pieces but not because it had sad moments. But because I could relate and I knew how Taylor was feeling throughout the novel. It was beautiful. It was lovable, it was just everything to me.

I would severely recommend this to everyone. If you haven’t read it, please go and buy it, and put it on your reading pile now!

Cover: Love it! Totally fits alright. Love the colors and how she’s sitting there.

What I'd Give It: 5/5 Cupcakes
_________
Taken From Princess Bookie
www.princessbookie.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Second Chance Summer.