Lisa's Reviews > A Girl's Guide to Vampires

A Girl's Guide to Vampires by Katie MacAlister

Jun 03, 11

I really loved this book just for the fact that it's a story any romance fan can relate to whether you prefer paranormal or contemporary. There is a good mix of both within these pages and the fact that the main character is a woman who- like a lot of us die-hard fantasy romantics - finds it hard to connect with real men that are so unlike the fictional heroes we instantly fall in love with is just genius. It instantly puts you in the book as any woman could be Joy Randall and in the book is exactly where every reader wants to be.
This book has everything, real down to earth heroines, strong male characters, prophecies, goths, vampires...er dark ones and of course.....gun wielding bad guys.
Did I forget anything?
Romance!.....oh yes plenty of that.
It is unlike the darker paranormal romance as it's more of a light hearted vampire romance, but at the same time it is also very well written with well placed humor and steamy moments. So for those that like a bit of a giggle with their tall dark and fanged, this is the book for you and best of all its only the first in the series so if this one gets you hooked there is always another high to follow it up.

Happy reading!

Reviewed by Pinkiewink

Check out more reviews like this at Book Addict Club

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Girl's Guide to Vampires.