Victoria's Reviews > Along for the Ride

Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen

Jul 07, 11

bookshelves: young-adult, sarah-dessen, 2011
Read in July, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: once

Once again Sarah Dessen drew me in with the relationship between Auden and Eli. I liked how he started to come out of his dark stage for her because she didn't pitty him. I really enjoyed how he made it his goal to introduce her to childhood experiences that she never did because she had to grow up so quickly. My favorite quest was the dance club- the way Eli convinced the bouncer to let them in, he took her hand and led the way to the dance floor where they proceeded to dance. You saw a glimpse of their relationship during the food fight, but this scene you saw sparks fly. I thought it was a sweet, romantic moment in a sweaty, smelly club.

One thing that I find annoying with Dessen's main characters is how much they bite their tongues, especially when it comes to their parents. Auden had several opportunities to tell her father how big of a selfish ass he was but she never did until she got her own life figured out.

I thought the way Auden's relationship with Heidi progressed nicely, especially her opinion of Heidi.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Along for the Ride.