nicole's Reviews > Anna Karenina

Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

Jun 10, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, grown_up_ish, romantical, russian
Read from February 15 to June 10, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anna Karenina.

Quotes nicole Liked

Leo Tolstoy
“I think... if it is true that
there are as many minds as there
are heads, then there are as many
kinds of love as there are hearts.”
Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina

02/21/2012 page 54
6.0% "Got a wayyyyys to go. I guess I'm just surprised by what easy reading it is. Shows what I know about Anna Karenina though. It's just 'bout people bein' people."
02/26/2012 page 115
14.0% "Wuh oh. Anna's gettin' all hot n bothered."
03/05/2012 page 226
27.0% "Surprised so much is revealed so early in the novel. At this point Anna has just very bluntly and unapologetically confessed to her husband."
03/12/2012 page 268
32.0% "i sure am learning a lot about farming."
03/25/2012 page 355
42.0% "After enduring at least four consecutive chapters of Levin repeating his philosophy of farming I was about ready to chuck my kindle. LET'S TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE NOW THANKS."
04/14/2012 page 436
52.0% "my reading slowed down CONSIDERABLY due to all the boring farm talk, but things are gettin' gossip-worthy again and i'mma chuggin' along."
04/27/2012 page 575
69.0% "Let the woman divorce and get on with her life, for god's sake, can't you see she's an emotional roller coaster?"
05/30/2012 page 719
88.0% "Only 100 pages left to go in Anna Karenina. It's either totally engaging and nerve wrecking scenarios/steamy gossip or dead boring farm/political talk (and Levin is so inside his head and anxious about EVERYTHING he both annoys and reminds me of myself -- hmm). Despite the extremes, all the while life is just happening in an utterly normal fashion. I recommend it even as I understand why people don't finish it."
show 1 hidden update…