Jomary's Reviews > Copper Sun

Copper Sun by Sharon M. Draper

U_50x66
Jun 03, 11

Copper sun book is a book which I would give 5 of 5 stars. Copper Sun is an example of this quote which it says the one who perseveres reaches their dreams. this is a great saying that the book found that if it's true.
What I like about this book is that it teaches many things about life. that people are not owned by anyone hat they simply are people who deserve to live like others. The themes are that even though she had no strength to carry on her escape, she had the faith that she was going to freedom. The author used very good characterization it made the characters seem like they were really alive.
What I did not like about this book was the way they were treating the people, it was unfair they were treated like if they were to be wild animals. Amari was treated harshly when she was being sold. They had no sympathy towards her or the others. Also the way she was treated in the voyage, it was a sad voyage, that made me feel very angry her because of the fact that they were raping her wen ever they wanted. They used her as if she were to be a toy. These injustices made me real mad because you should never treat a person like that. They should be happy and never be owned.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Copper Sun.