Lenore's Reviews > Lover Reborn

Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward

I won't review this. Nuh-uh.

At least not until I stop wanting to do this to my copy of Lover Reborn
Photobucket

And stop screaming like this

And stop asking
Photobucket

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Reborn.

Quotes Lenore Liked

J.R. Ward
“Aha!" Lassiter pointed at the boob tube. "You motherfucker! I knew you were the father!”

J.R. Ward
“Blay said roughly,"I'm still in love with him"
Saxton dropped his eyes and brushed at the top of his thigh, as if there might have been a tiny piece of lint there. " I know. You thought you weren't?”

“Ah, hell.
His peripheral vision was working far too well tonight.
His slut of a cousin, his cocksucking, suit-wearing, Montblanc-up-the-ass cousin Saxton the Magnificent, was standing next to the queen, looking like a combination of Cary Grant and some model in a goddamn cologne ad.
Not that Qhuinn was bitter.
Because the guy was sharing Blay's bed.
Nah.
Nope. Not at all.
The Cocksucker-
With a wince, he thought maybe he should switch that insult to something a little farther away from what the two of them ...
God, he couldn't even go there. Not if he wanted to breathe.”

J.R. Ward
“No one got forever. And it was a fucking crime to waste what you were given. Enough, Qhuinn thought. Enough with the excuses, and the avoidance, and the trying to be someone, anyone else. Even if he got shanked, even if his precious little ego and his dumb-ass little heart got shattered into a million pieces, it was time to stop the bullshit. It was time to be a male.”

J.R. Ward
“Enough, Qhuinn thought. Enough with the excuses and the avoidance, and trying to be someone else, anyone else.
Even if he got shanked, even if his precious little ego and his dumbass little heart got shattered into a million pieces, it was time to stop the bullshit. It was time to be a male.
As Blay started to straighten like a message had been received, Qhuinn thought, That's right buddy:
Our future has come

J.R. Ward
“Abruptly, Blay's blue stare found his.
And what Qhuinn saw in it caused him to falter: Love shone out of that face, unadulterated love untempered by the shyness that was very much part of his reserve.
Blay didn't look away.
And for the first time ... neither did Qhuinn.
He didn't know whether the emotion was for his cousin—it probably was-but he'd take it: He stared right back at Blaylock and let everything he had in his heart show in his face.
He just let that shit fly.
Because there was a lesson in this Fade ceremony tonight: You could lose the ones you loved in the blink of an eye-and he was willing to bet when it happened, you weren't thinking about all the reasons that could have kept you apart.
You thought of all the reasons that kept you together.”

J.R. Ward
“Qhuinn stopped breathing, focusing everything he had on the male who had been his best friend and his never-been lover… and the ever-after that was never going to happen.
Even after all the things that had gone on between them, and all the fuckups on his end, which were legendary, Blay still had his back.
“I love you,” Qhuinn blurted into the silence.”

J.R. Ward
“As a collective exhale hit the airwaves, Qhuinn found himself looking over at Blay. Aw, hell, talk about a suck zone—this was why he avoided the guy like the plague. Just one glance and he was locked on, all kinds of reactions rolling through him, until the room spun a little—
For no good reason, Blay’s eyes flipped up and met his.
It was like getting goosed in the ass with a live wire, his body spasming to the point where he had to hide the reaction by coughing while he glanced away.
About as smooth as a crater. Yup. Fantastic.”

J.R. Ward
“I'd better go,” he said, without leaving.
That one eye, the blue one, just kept staring up at him. Bloodshot, with a cut across the brow above it, the thing shouldn’t have been able to focus. But it was.
“I have to go,” Blay said finally.
Without leaving.
Damn him, he didn't know what the hell he was doing—
A tear escaped from that eye. Welling up along the lower lid, it coalesced at the far corner, formed a crystal circle, and grew so fat it couldn't hold on to the lashes. Slipping free, it meandered downward, getting lost in dark hair at the temple.”

J.R. Ward
“As always, Blay was the anchor who kept him from being swept away.”

J.R. Ward
“No Last Meal for you guys, either. Guess we have that in common.” Someone bust out the pom-poms and cheer for the team. Yay.”

J.R. Ward
You almost died tonight, he wanted to say. You dumb son of a bitch, you nearly died ... and then what would we have done?

And not “we” as in the Brotherhood.

Not even “we” as in he and John.

More like … “me”.”

J.R. Ward
Hey, as you leave, Qhuinn wanted to say, will you do me a favor? I think my left ventricle is on the floor, so don't step on it as you pull out? Thanks. Great.

03/27/2012
8.0% "I swear, if I see the term "peanut gallery" used one more time..."
8.0% "Rhage is hilarious!" 17 comments
03/27/2012
10.0% "He looked to the left and saw no one. Then he looked to the right and saw...No'One. It's not supposed to be funny but I'm laughing my ass off!!! Bwahahahaha!!!" 10 comments
03/27/2012
17.0% "What is this shit about the In Between?"
03/27/2012
18.0% "All the missed spaces in my e-copy are getting on my nerves."
21.0% "Xhex, you biatch!" 7 comments
26.0% "I love you? I LOVE YOU? Photobucket" 30 comments
03/28/2012
47.0% "The good news was that at least when he was behind the thing pouring liquor, his longshoreman and those two buoys were not in full view. His what? Wouldn't "his hawser" be more fitting?" 7 comments
84.0% "You bitch! You manipulative f*cking bitch! Photobucket" 8 comments
03/29/2012
84.0% "I can't do this. I can't do this. I can't do this. I can't do this" 7 comments
86.0% "I'm officially a mess. Photobucket" 6 comments
03/29/2012
87.0% ""I want you to stay here"???? What the f*ck is wrong with him? Is he in his right mind? They must be putting something in the water. No other explanation."

message 1: by Jenn (new) - added it

Jenn Oh finally!!! Right now I'm so happy for youuuu. Hopefully you love. :-)

Christina Me too! I was planning to wait a few weeks but my anticipation is getting the better of me.

Twigs1704 I guess all the shaking finally paid off?

Little Butterfly εïз Did you sleep at all? bacio!

Lenore Yaaaaay!!!! I'm gonna do ZERO work today and I don't give a shit.

Marina me too!!!! phone of the hook, blank look on my face, etc, etc!

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma Damnit! Why do you do that? Why do you make status updates like these that want to make up throw our cookbooks, our laundry and our boy on boy parts aside and embrace blood sucking teeth? What do you get out of our jitterings ? ~sob~

message 8: by Lenore (last edited Mar 27, 2012 04:41PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lenore :D I love my vampires, Emma!
But honestly? I don't think you'd like this. Too little angst (though the Qhuay parts are one long angst-fest)...

message 9: by Emma (new)

Emma *sheepishly looks aside* mumble mumble . . . i may have just grazed hrough my sister's collection. *cough* (secret Qhuay crush)

Lenore LOL. Well... I guess you could try the series but I won't be held responsible if you hate it.
Personally? I got hooked on these books years ago and I simply can't stop reading the new installments. They're like a bad habit I can't kick.

message 11: by Emma (new)

Emma My sister said they were like her Nicotine fix :) I might just give up and dive in......one day :)

Lenore Emma wrote: "My sister said they were like her Nicotine fix :)"

Ah, those are words of a real BDB fan!!

Camilla Scream it out, Len, just scream it out!

Stupid JRW!

Lenore :( I'm so mad right now. (view spoiler) Fucking why?

DayDreamer Precisely. I can see no point whatsoever.

message 16: by Aiko (new) - added it

Aiko I need to stop reading reviews. I refuse to let Warden ruin Qhuinn for me, and this is kinda doing it little by little...he was my favorite above all and everyone....

Lenore Aiko wrote: "I need to stop reading reviews. I refuse to let Warden ruin Qhuinn for me, and this is kinda doing it little by little...he was my favorite above all and everyone...."

I know, love... :(

Christina Ah SHIT! Your review is scaring me :(
But what the hell did I expect.

Lenore :( Wait until you hit the 84% mark on your Kindle. That's all I'm gonna say.

Christina *stomps feet* I don't want to!

Lenore Christina wrote: "*stomps feet* I don't want to!"

*sigh* I know. Why do you think it took me four days to finish this? I was scared shitless.

Christina Ah Hell. Well, Ward already screwed up Vutch, my fave, so she can't do much worse especially since Q-B will eventually be together.

message 23: by Aiko (new) - added it

Aiko Christina wrote: "Ah Hell. Well, Ward already screwed up Vutch, my fave, so she can't do much worse especially since Q-B will eventually be together."

she can ruin her characters in the progress..

Christina LOL, I know, I know but I'm trying to build up some courage here.

message 25: by Aiko (new) - added it

Aiko Lenore wrote: "I know, love... :(
If you still want to know what happens, I'll PM you. Unless you already know everything, of course. "

oh do pm me...I have some yelling to do..

message 26: by Emanuela ~plastic duck~ (last edited Mar 30, 2012 06:06AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ The fact is that in the process of dragging Qhuay, Ward's making them take the worst decisions. And I can't believe (view spoiler). I mean: compare Qhuay's very first kiss, B pushing him, but how sweetly, to this mess... that... manipulative... mmmhhh

message 27: by Yogi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yogi I know I'm going to catch hell from some, but I think the spoilery thing you ladies are talking about will work out just fine. I'm pretty sure that the next book will be Team Qhuay all the way!

Lenore It's not that I'm not willing to entertain that possibility, Devan, but I can't see how it can work out just fine... :(

message 29: by Yogi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yogi Lenore this is how I think it will work out, but this might not make all happy. However, I do speculate too much. (view spoiler)

message 30: by Aiko (new) - added it

Aiko (view spoiler)

Britainy OMG your video clips are hilarious and such an enticement to read the book!!

Britainy Devan wrote: "...Team Qhuay all the way!"

I like that, poet Devan :D

Lenore Devan, it's pretty simple and straightforward for me. (view spoiler)

Britainy, if you're a Qhuay fan you won't be very happy... But otherwise this is a pretty decent addition to the series.

Camilla Oh Len, I've been thinking..

In regards to Qhuinn and the (view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ Camilla, you should write the next book, because I'm worried sick about (view spoiler) I like so much your version, so so so much :D

Camilla Oh no, I hadnt even thought about (view spoiler)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Tate, Dan & Hunter Well, not my cuppa, Lenore, but I looooved your review! It was fun! ^__^

message 38: by Emma (new)

Emma Love the gifs leno. Sorry people, sorry to butt in, I am here to “check off” the “Add to my update feed” of this thread……I am getting notifications which are scaring me!

Lenore Cam, maybe you should consider writing your own fic :)
There's one little detail I can't stop thinking about though. Why create the whole you-know-what issue in the first place then? (view spoiler)

Lenore Baba wrote: "Well, not my cuppa, Lenore, but I looooved your review! It was fun! ^__^"

Thanks, Babs. I can assure you I had no fun reading certain parts of the book, though :(

Emma, you enjoy Shattered Glass and ignore us BDB addicts! Much healthier!

Britainy yuck . . . I can smell layla! nasty ass hoe!

Lenore Britainy wrote: "yuck . . . I can smell layla! nasty ass hoe!"

If you don't know what happens, I won't spoiler you, Britainy...
One thing though. The Warden herself had said we Qhuay fans wouldn't be happy with this book. I just hadn't realized how much.

Andri Lenore I really loved your review. Your video clips are hilarious.

Andri Leroner wrote: "I want you to stay here"???? What the f*ck is wrong with him? Is he in his right mind? They must be putting something in the water. No other explanation."

I sooo agree with you Lenore. WTF Qhuinn ! Are you serious?

Lenore Andri wrote: "Lenore I really loved your review. Your video clips are hilarious."

The gifs are very indicative of the state I was in when I wrote the review, Andri.

Little Butterfly εïз There was soooo little Qhuay in this book! and the little there was: Hell Hell Hell!!!!

Lenore :( Yes, too little Qhuay. And it was hell alright.

Marina Jodie~Khursed Rhebel~ wrote: "There was soooo little Qhuay in this book! and the little there was: Hell Hell Hell!!!!"

It was so predictable!!!! Everything regarding Qhuay and Layla were mentioned here in the GR BDB thread! It was no surprise for me!

Lenore Surprise or no surprise it was hell, Ma. I already knew what would happen and it still affected me deeply. I'm still a mess by the way. I need a shoulder to cry on.

Little Butterfly εïз :(
How is that going to be- sharing his room?? WTF? And of all reasons to procreate: to fill a void is not one of them.

« previous 1