Christine's Reviews > Can You Survive the Zombie Apocalypse?

Can You Survive the Zombie Apocalypse? by Max Brallier

Jul 13, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: science-fiction, fantasy

I was really looking forward to this book, thinking of it with the fond memories of "Choose Your Own Adventure" Books that I read as a child. And maybe I'm not being fair, because I only took one path through the story, but I honestly wasn't that interested in trying another.

The biggest problem, I think, is the humor failed for me. I saw the attempts, but didn't do more than chuckle once or twice.

As a close second, the fact that the choices I was asked to make were largely random also bothered me. I guess for an adult, I was hoping that when I reached a crossroads in the story, and had to choose path A, B, or C, that some sort of logic could be applied.

In between choices, "I" ended up doing a lot of things I'm not sure I would have done.

It was a silly book. Maybe I just wasn't feeling silly enough the day I picked it up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Can You Survive the Zombie Apocalypse?.

message 1: by Heavensent1 (new)

Heavensent1 I would love to read this one...on my TBR pile...the one JUST for zombies...LOL

Christine I admit, I'm also very curious to see what an adult version of choose your own adventure is like. I used to LOVE those when I was a kid! I've already got it on order at the library, so soon...:)

Amber Carson This book is so fun! and I admit I have often paused while reading to try and imagine how Max Brallier wrote this book, I mean I know how to write but deciding what comes next if you choose A, B, or C, tying it all together and all the many possible outcomes. It really seems like it would be quite a challenge to pull off a book of this sort but He seems to have done with with ease. I highly recommend this one to any zombie lover!