Kristi's Reviews > Daughter of Smoke & Bone

Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor

Nov 06, 11

bookshelves: own-arc, books-i-own, signed-books
Read from September 25 to October 05, 2011

Before I get started, let me just say: I LOVED THIS. Love, love, love this book. One of my favorites of 2011. Before you get started on the review, know that it will never do this book the justice that it deserves. Just go buy the book.

Laini Taylor is a story teller. A master story teller. She’s not a writer she’s an artist. Painting a world only she could create with words. Forming characters that seem as real as the person standing in front of you in line, close enough to touch. I was emotionally invested in this book. In this world and with it’s characters. Even though it was about as “out there” as you can get, I totally believed it was real. I never wanted it to end.

Now that is EPIC.

I finished Daughter of Smoke and Bone and found myself in a daze. It was like waking up from a dream.

I don’t want to divulge too much of the story. As a reader I think it’s more exciting going into a story blind! I didn’t know much about the story when I picked it up, actually I didn’t really know what it was about at all. I think that perhaps that was why I was so taken with this novel. I was expecting a tinge of mystery, but this book was so much more than I could have every imagined.

You, as the reader, know what Karou knows. It isn’t much. We don’t know who she is or where she came from. We don’t know if she’s human or if she’s something more. And we don’t know why a glance from Akiva sets her skin on fire. Believe me, you will have an epic adventure figuring it all out. And good luck with that figuring out part, perhaps you’ll be better at it than me!

Daughter of Smoke of Bone was an epic adventure through worlds that only Taylor could create. I can’t wait to go back.

Comments (showing 1-13)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 13: by Alivia (new) - added it

Alivia Anders This is definitely something I do want to read! Can't wait for the review.

message 12: by Luce (last edited Oct 05, 2011 08:02PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Luce Same here! There have been so many good reviews- I hope that it'll live up to my expectations. =)

message 11: by Georgina (new) - added it

Georgina Looking forward to the review. Iv heard so many good things about this

Daphne (Winged Reviews) I'm really excited about this. I've heard so many good things from close friends, so I need to march and get myself a copy!

message 9: by Kay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kay Yep, that's about right!

Saundra Cannot wait for your thoughts! Is this a stand alone?

Kristin Seriously considering bumping this towards the top of my TBR pile!!

Tabitha Olson Yeah, that was my reaction, too. My ARC went on my favorites shelf when I was done. :)

message 5: by J (new) - rated it 4 stars

J I am looking forward to your review because I read the sample on my iPad and am VERY interested to know what you think. I can't decide if I want to buy it or not. I think I do but....

Molly Talbert Can't wait for the review!

message 3: by Isabel (new)

Isabel I... need... this... book. o.O

Paperback Princess Just begun this book and it had me hooked from the synopsis! the authors writing is fantastic!!!

Kristi Paperback Princess wrote: "Just begun this book and it had me hooked from the synopsis! the authors writing is fantastic!!!"

isn't it just fabulous! looking forward to hearing what you think after you finish!