Marija's Reviews > Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas: Further, Further Confessions of Georgia Nicolson

Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas by Louise Rennison

Jun 14, 11

bookshelves: contemporary, ya-mg
Read from June 02 to 03, 2011

This third installment to the Georgia Nicolson confessions is good and quite amusing, though I must say I didn’t like it as much as the first two installments. However, these books are certainly addictive. The scary thing is that I’m unconsciously adopting some of Georgia’s phrases. I caught myself thinking one day as I was sitting by the air conditioner, “It’s nippy noodles here!”…then found myself wondering, “Where did that come from?” Oh, so bleak! ;) I completely forgot that it came from this these books, until I picked this one up.

I can relate to the egg baby project. For my senior year morality class, we were required to tote baby dolls 24/7 and keep a journal, reflecting on the experience. All of my peers took it so seriously and I remember getting yelled at by my peers and my theology teacher for laying my doll on my school bag during class. No one bought my story that my doll was taking an afternoon snooze.

Some of my favorite lines:

“ ‘Och…. We go awa’ doon to Alldays, you ken.’ (I don’t know why he called me Ken but that is the mystery of the Scottish folk.”

“Angus has rediscovered his Scottish roots. Apparently they are in the middle of some bog because he had bits of horrible slimy stuff in his whiskers. He came into my bed purring and all damp and muddy. He soon got nice and dry by wiping himself on my T-shirt.

God he smells disgusting. I think he’s been rolling in fox poo again. He thinks it’s like a sort of really attractive aftershave.” —The Angus sections are so wonderfully visual. I love them!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas.