Pam's Reviews > Blind Your Ponies

Blind Your Ponies by Stanley Gordon West

Jun 08, 11

Read from June 02 to 08, 2011

This book was a huge surprise to me. It was recommended by an aquaintance and I started it knowing nothing about the story. I LOVED IT!! It takes place in a small Montana town that is practically a ghost town. There are only a handful of people still living there and those that are left have either given up hope in life or are hiding emotionally from the outside world. When basketball season comes around, their small team brings hope and life back to the town. I never thought a book that on the surface is about basketball, but has a much bigger message could be so riveting. I spent many late nights reading because I couldn't put it down!

The book is beautifully written, and the characters are wonderful. I wanted to meet all of them and be part of the town. My only caviat to this book is that there was A LOT of language and some sex as well (all though these paragraphs are short and easily skipped without losin the thread of the story). If you don't enjoy those elements in a book, or are not good at self editing as you read, you should stay away, but if you can skip the objectionable parts, the story is beautiful.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blind Your Ponies.