Kearalynn's Reviews > Sanctuary

Sanctuary by Meg Cabot

Jun 16, 11

Read from June 02 to 15, 2011

Sanctuary was yet again an enjoyable read out of the series. It wasn't as enjoyable as the last book, mostly because the plot was predictable. As soon as the beginning of the story centered around the Mastriani's African American neighbors I knew this book would be about hate crimes. I think Meg got lazy on this one. She should have thrown a few curve balls in there before going, "okay this is a hate crime plot."

But I did like the subject matter, especially the part where even Jess herself has to question whether or not she even holds some stereotypes about race and how that makes her perceive people.

Douglas and Tasha are going to be sooooo cute together, so happy he's gotten a job and what seems to be a girlfriend too! So happy for him, he's adorable.

Rob Wilkins remains perfect and flawless as ever. He's such a tough guy but turns into such mush around Jess. I love his moments where he just grabs Jess and kisses her. PERFECT.

Ruth is still annoying to me. I've just come to terms that I'll never like her. Oh well.

All in all, definitely a good read even though it was paint by numbers plot wise.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sanctuary.

06/03/2011 page 46