Liam's Reviews > The Earthsea Trilogy

Mar 08, 08

bookshelves: fantasy
Recommended to Liam by: my school English teacher
Read in October, 1983

I am not normally into the Dungeons and Dragons world of fantasy novels but an exception has to be made for this book which is one of my favourite ever books. The storyline is ever moving and it is so easy to get hooked into it.

Story is basically about the life of a wizard from innocent boyhood to magic college into adult world where he is haunted by a spirit of an eery presence which had been unleashed by a spell-gone-wrong when he was at school. This spirit keeps cropping up in different forms wherever he goes.

The second book in the trilogy 'The Tombs of Atuan' takes the story away to a far-off land where a young priestess (the chosen one) grows up in a kind of cult. Their lives are to cross here in the maze-like caverns and tunnels of the tombs.

Later on the wizard battles dragons who are the most powerful magicians in Earthsea) with spell contests.

I first read this book at school and have since been back to it a few times now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Earthsea Trilogy.