Aredhel's Reviews > The Curtis Reincarnation

The Curtis Reincarnation by Zathyn Priest

Jun 24, 11

bookshelves: contemporary, glbt, fiction, romance, read-in-2011
Read from June 02 to 23, 2011

I may be a little too harsh on this book, but I was a bit disappointed with it. The thing is, at the beginning of it I thought I would love it, because the premise and the first pages were great, but as the narration was gathering pace I got an expression of "Oh, really? This good and this fast?" and "Feels too good to be true" more and more often. Ок, it's fiction, I understand it. But the amount of "unbelievable" in this book outweighs the "believable" part :(

I believe in love at first sight, but when it comes to the relationship between an ordinary person and a celebrity, this "love" gets a fairytale-ish spirit, and I must confess, I'm not the biggest fan of fairy tales. So I just couldn't believe that from the very first scene of the main characters' encounter everything about their relationship went smoothly. Yes, they had their portion of sorrow, but the idyll in their relationship remained exactly the same until the very last page! And I would have loved some distraction from "love you to death" attitude towards each other.

The ending didn't bring anything fresh to this situation. It was sooo sweet, that I couldn't read it in one sitting. I had to read another book, more violent one, to literally wash away the sweetness of "The Curtis Reincarnation".

Furthermore, I couldn't see Jordan as a real personality. I couldn't see him at all! Tyler was alive, Rebecca was alive (and I loved-loved her!!!), but Jordan just lacked personality! It's IMHO, of course, but he looked like a cardboard character! Like he was in the book as a supportive character whose only responsibility and ability was to support Tyler (sorry for the pun).

I really loved the language of the book and the writing style, but other aforementioned things just ruined the whole 5 star book impression for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Curtis Reincarnation.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sath (new) - added it

Sath GOod review. I don't think I see the point of a story where there are no problems, only happiness. even the most basic romance stories have some problems to overcome! This book sounds boring :(

Aredhel And now I feel bad for giving it such a review :))
You know, it's not actually that bad, and there are, I guess, enough problems for the main characters (for one of the main characters, actually) to deal with. The main prob is that this book is way too predictable! And you can tell already in the beginning what it will be like in the end. So the problems seem not that important(( It's not like in George R. R. Martin's books :)))