Sandy Klocinski's Reviews > Always Something There to Remind Me

Always Something There to Remind Me by Beth Harbison

U 50x66
Jun 02, 11

Read in May, 2011

I was lucky enough to get a free advance copy of this book.

The majority of women recall that one "first" love. Whether that "lost love" is from your adolescent years or from later in life - I think we all have that one romance that takes a part of our heart and never releases it. We try to keep it concealed. When a lost reflection floats up about "him", we rapidly crush it with every day habits and troubles since really dwelling on "that guy" will reinstate the sorrow. After chapter 4, I was uncertain if I could or would finish this book. I recognized that it was going to plainly take my heart back to my teens and a guy named Patrick...

The tale unfurls with chapters that rotate between the 1980s and the present. In the 1980's, Erin Edwards was a self-involved high school student, fervently caught up with boyfriend Nate. In the present, Erin Edwards is a single mother with a difficult job as an event co-coordinator at a luxury resort.

I did make it through till the end. In fact I had no problem reading this in record time. I chuckled and sniggered and wept more than I'd like to confess. We get to know the characters. And you know what -Nate WAS my "lost love" Patrick and I appreciated each written word. Without ruining anything - go for it. It's just great.
12 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Always Something There to Remind Me.