Sasha's Reviews > If I Stay

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Aug 04, 14

bookshelves: read-in-2011-favorites, penguin, contemporary, young-adult, heartwrenching, read-in-2011
Read from June 04 to 05, 2011

So, normally I'm not one for contemporary YA. I like the vamps, the weres, the magic, the dystopia. I don't like "normal" stories. THIS is not a "normal" story. THIS is a grab-your-heart-outta-your-chest-wrenching story.

The novel goes back and forth between what is happening in the present and flashbacks. Each flashback pertains to a certain person and shows what the relationship between them and Mia was like. I was sad when Mia was sad and happy when Mia was happy. I even googled the classical music selections so that I could feel even MORE like Mia.

I mean, I like music. But I started to LOVE music and how something could bring Adam and Mia together like that. And oh Adam. What an amazing boyfriend. The things that he does for Mia and how much he loves her. I could literally feel it radiating off the pages.

What would you do if you had the choice to live or die? How does one make that choice? Could you stay if you felt there was nothing left for you?

I think Mia's mom said it best: "Love's a bitch".
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If I Stay.

Quotes Sasha Liked

Gayle Forman
“You just work through it. You just hang in there.”

Gayle Forman
“Sometimes you make choices in life and sometimes choices make you.”

Gayle Forman
“If you stay, I'll do whatever you want. I'll quit the band, go with you to New York. But if you need me to go away, I'll do that, too. I was talking to Liz and she said maybe coming back to your old life would be too painful, that maybe it'd be easier for you to erase us. And that would suck, but I'd do it. I can lose you like that if I don't lose you today. I'll let you go. If you stay.”

Gayle Forman
“And that's just it, isn't it? That's how we manage to survive the loss. Because love, it never dies, it never goes away, it never fades, so long as you hang on to it.”

Gayle Forman
“Love, it never dies. It never goes away, it never fades, so long as you hang on to it. Love can make you immortal”

Gayle Forman
“I just wanted to tell you that I understand if you go. It’s okay if you have to leave us. It’s okay if you want to stop fighting.”

Anna Movie t

Anna Movie trailer girl !!!

Cannot wait ❤️❤️❤️