Stacey Donaldson's Reviews > Evil Genius

Evil Genius by Patricia Rice

Jun 02, 11

Read in May, 2011

Ana Devlin grew up in the fast paced world of her mother's design. She was responsible for the care of her younger siblings, but it depleted her making her feel like a constant "doormat." In her self-imposed exile she was able to gain a sense of normalcy (at least normal for her) working as a virtual assistant gave her a means to take care of herself, while staying off the grid from her family. All good things must come to an end...her 9-year old little sister EG shows up, only to be followed shortly after by her brother Nick.

The three whisk off to Washington D.C. to find out who's framing EG's dad for murder. The catch is EG's father happens to be a US Senator, a married US Senator whose wife has no idea she exists. Everything gets exciting and complicated from there. They discover their Grandfather had died two months prior, the proceeds from the estate have been stolen, and their Grandfather's home has been bought and is now occupied by a mysterious man who does not show his face.

The siblings are resourceful to say the least, their Mother is more than a handful, and they are knee deep in a complicated political mess. The makings of a great story!

Each character is interesting and intelligent, providing their own unique abilities which makes the story fascinating. I really enjoyed reading this book. I get the feeling their may be a series in the works here and I certainly hope I'm right!

I received this ebook free as a Library Things Early Reviewer.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evil Genius.