Tudor Ciocarlie's Reviews > The Clockwork Rocket

The Clockwork Rocket by Greg Egan

Jul 08, 11

bookshelves: 2011-my-best-of, corina-new
Read from July 04 to 08, 2011

Fabulous book! Greg Egan changed a minus sign with a plus one in the space-time version of Pythagoras's Theorem and created an extraordinarily alternate universe in which interstellar voyages takes longer for the travelers, not less and there is no universal speed limit and no speed of light.

The Clockwork Rocket also has some of the most fascinating aliens characters I've ever encountered - six limbed shapeshifters with frontal and rear eyes, that emit light and reproduce by the mother being divided into 2 pairs of twins (all the explanations for why everything is as it is in this universe are on Greg Egan’s site).

This book has everything: very well written, fascinating universe that makes you think about this one, great characters, super science, good actions and a sequel!

If you are interested to know what happens if you travel through space with infinite speed READ this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Clockwork Rocket.

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Jason I loved how Egan gave us such a unique Alien while at the same time making them seem just like us.... Add in all the geeky physics and you have one fun ride... Great book!

message 2: by Maciej (new)

Maciej Did You read it in original language or translated?

Tudor Ciocarlie Original..I don't think there are any translations, yet..Its way to fresh.