Teresa Collins's Reviews > Don't Blink

Don't Blink by James Patterson

Jun 05, 11

Read from June 01 to 05, 2011

I really enjoyed this book, but since I'm a diehard James Patterson fan I wasn't surprised. When I first started reading it I wasn't sure I'd really like it. It starts out in the first person, then several chapters later changes to third person. It threw me off at first, but I got used to. Some previous reviews didn't like the fact that at times Nick (the main character) is talking directly to the reader, but it didn't bother me. I just loved the fast pace of the book. But then, you know me, I read for pure enjoyment so you know the more escapist, the better I like it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Blink.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maricruz (new)

Maricruz Sounds interesting!

Teresa Collins If you like crime thrillers, you really ought to try this one. Nick is a magazine writer in one of the most famous restaurants in New York for the interview of a life-time with Dwayne Robinson, a one-time baseball giant. At the next table is Vincent Marcozza, a big-time organized crime lawyer. Is it coincidence that Nick winds up at the scene of the story of a life-time or unseen planning by someone out for blood? This story moves very quickly and sometimes the characters can be a little hard to keep straight, but it's worth the effort. This ending is not as much of a surprise as some others of Patterson's, such as Beach Road, but it is still very enjoyable.

Christopher Telles Hi, I'm a die hard James Patterson fan as well, I like all of his books I've read, some more then other,but I'm looking forward to this book, seems like I like the same type of books as you, can I add you to my friend list ? Besides picking a James P. book I have a hard time finding a book I like.

Teresa Collins Feel free to add me to your list. Some of the books I review may not be your taste because I will grab up a "cosy mystery" every once in a while for pure escapism. If you haven't read the Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels series by J.A. Konrath, you should. Some of them are really intense and graphic but the story lines are awesome. I have to admit that I read them in order and after Cherry Bomb I had to take a break. It got to be a little much.
Another author you might enjoy is Russell Blake. The Geronimo Breach is amazing. Blake, too can get a little graphic, but I loved all the books anyway. Check him out if you haven't already.

Teresa Collins Christopher, if you are a James Patterson fan I am going to assume that you have read Beach Road, but if you haven't, pick it up immediately. If you see the ending coming you are much better than my dad and I are because it took us both by surprise!