Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections's Reviews > Embraced by Blood

Jun 13, 11

bookshelves: 2011-reads, paranormal, romance, series, vampire
Recommended for: 18 and over strong sexual content; Paranormal Romance Readers
Read from June 01 to 03, 2011, read count: 1

Embraced By Blood by Laurie London is a sweet vampire love story with good plot development that meshes well with the romance. Before this novel began, Alfonso Serrano was working as a double agent by joining the Darkbloods and working for the Guardians which, of course, was a highly guarded secret by the group he truly held his allegiance -- his family, friends and co-workers.

In this installment, Alfonso knows he is being pursued by a vengeful, deadly Darkblood assassin due to his past actions. He has managed to evade his enemy’s relentless pursuit and keep his love interest, Lily DeGraff, out of the assassin's cross-hairs. Lily is a smart, beautiful, sexy vampire who has the job of being the top Tracker with the Guardians.

As the plot blossoms, it becomes clear Darkbloods are seeking out Trackers to pursue special blood-typed humans known as Sweetbloods whose blood is addictive to vampires. By obtaining a tracker, it would be easier to find Sweet, potentially making the sale and disbursement of the blood more lucrative. When it is apparent Lily could be in danger, Alfonso steps back into her life to help keep her safe. Their re-union is bittersweet since both still have strong feelings for each other; but, they attempt to safeguard their true feelings from one another. However, the emotionally irresistible pull they have makes tamping down their true feeling nearly impossible.

This is the second book in the Sweetblood series; but, my first time to read this author and this series. In my honest opinion, this book read very smoothly and I did not feel like I missed out on any crucial points in the book due to not reading the first book, Bonded by Blood. I really liked the tentative friendship and love Lily and Alfonso are apparently rebuilding in this installment. The sexual tension between the two is enough to make the reader spontaneously combust. In addition, the sweetness of the love they feel for each other is truly touching.

Alfonso and Lily’s love story is a good example of how love can heal emotional wounds and make deeper in-roads into the heart once the healing starts. Their love for each other also makes it possible for Lily and Alfonso to find “home” in each others arms and hearts with a special bonus to strengthen their tie to each other. This is a wonderfully gratifying vampire love story driven by an action packed story arc that Paranormal Romance readers should not pass up.

Happy Reading from Bona Fide Reflections!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Embraced by Blood.

06/01/2011 page 63
16.0% 1 comment
06/02/2011 page 159
41.0% "This is a good book so far..." 3 comments
06/03/2011 page 298
78.0% 5 comments

Sharon I am about 15% through this one and like it. I had to put it down for other more pressing deadlines, but hope to get back to it soon. I wish I had read the first one :)

Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections You are a very busy woman, lately. I hope things are going well. It will be easy to pick back up from where you left off in this book. It is a very entertaining book.