Shari's Reviews > Devotion

Devotion by Kristie Cook

Jun 05, 12

Read from June 03 to 05, 2012

I often like to think of a word to summarize my thoughts regarding a really good book... but all I can think of for this one is Wooo-boy!!

This book is an incredible 3rd instalment in a great series that has definitely ranked high on my list of favourites. Take some powerful mages, vampires, weres, add in some faeries and tie it up neatly with powerful beings like the Amadis and Daemoni... then wrap it tightly in fast-paced adventure, suspense and toe curling romance...finishing it off with a hint of betrayal and a traitor in the mix. Wooo-boy, what's not to like?

This book kept me up into the wee hours of the morning because I had to finish it! I absolutely love the characters... Tristan is delicious, Alexis - while she needs a healthy dose of self esteem is one kick ass Amadis princess, Owen is adorable and I can't help but love him, Dorian... an adorable blonde haired cutie with some serious power!, Rina, Sophie, Char... I love them all. Every one of them adds flavour to the mix! I especially enjoyed the addition of Blossom - who I hope sticks around for the next book!

This book, like the 2 before it is fast-paced and has no shortage of action packed adventure. Ms Cook's talented writing not only creates a scene you can see in your minds eye, but voices and accents that you'll find yourself hearing as you read. Her ability to describe supernatural talents, such as Lexi's mind reading, is incredible and leaves nothing for the reader to wonder. And while I won't spoil it for you, you may require fanning yourself to cool down ;) as you read several - ahem - rather heated scenes between Tristan and Lexi. Woo-boy it's steamy :)

Definitely another great book and I'm looking forward to the next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Devotion.

06/04/2012 page 160
43.0% "woooboy it's good :D"