willaful's Reviews > Love at First Flight

Love at First Flight by Marie Force

Oct 30, 11

bookshelves: man-bites-dog, out-of-the-ordinary
Read on June 01, 2011, read count: 1

3.5 stars. It's been too long since I read it to write a real review of this, so here are just some random thoughts I jotted down at the time:

-- For much of this book, I was leaning towards 4 stars, because even though lots of things bothered me, it was really holding my interest and I find that rare with contemporaries. I guess something about Force’s style really works for me -- maybe that it's not too cute or chicklit-ty?

-- I didn’t quite understand why so much time was spent building up the relationships the characters have with other people when they meet -- especially lots of romantic flashbacks for Michael and Paige. (Virgin Paige’s first time -- do we really have to read about that?!) The exes are going to behave so badly, so what's that about?

-- After their prior bad experiences, wouldn’t they be a little more cautious about falling in love so fast with a stranger?

-- I really disliked that Juliana went from being dependent on one man to being dependent on another. But there was some redemption in this area that I liked.

Overall, a good but kind of puzzling read. Will try her again.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love at First Flight.

06/01/2011 page 5
1.0% "Trying this to see if I want to buy Line of Scimmage while it's so cheap."
06/01/2011 page 42
16.0% "Kind of an unusual romance... so far it's about both of them being madly in love with other people. Interesting, though."
06/01/2011 page 179
70.0% "I really hope this isn't going where I'm afraid it's going..."