Lisa (Bookworm Lisa)'s Reviews > One Hundred Candles

One Hundred Candles by Mara Purnhagen

Jun 02, 11

bookshelves: 2011, net-galley, received-to-review, young-adult
Read from June 01 to 02, 2011

Near the beginning of the book there is a ceremony with 100 hundred candles and the book ends with a ceremony of 100 candles. I liked that Mara Purnhagen was able to connect the beginning and the end.

I would say that the paranormal activity is more intense in the second book. I felt more connected to the story and was drawn into the world that Mara created.

Life isn't easy for Charlotte. She has some emotional issues that she is dealing with. She has guy problems, demon problems, and parental problems. There is a lot of growth from the beginning to the end of the story. The time line is about a four month period.

I liked the way the story was written. It is perfect for the audience, the young adult and teenager. The emotional issues were expressed well and I think many could relate with them.

The ending of the book is not what I wanted, but I hope in the next book it will all be resolved. I look forward to reading it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Hundred Candles.