Stacy Eaton's Reviews > Women and Other Monsters

Women and Other Monsters by Bernard Schaffer

Jun 20, 11

Read from June 15 to 19, 2011

Very interesting and diverse set of Short Stories! Enjoy it.

The Reluctant Death:
This was a well written story that brings about the truth of racism in the south way back when. Great twist in this and this story really kept my interest. I was sorry that it was over when I got to the last line.

Codename Omega:
I enjoyed this story and wish this was more of a novella then a short story. So much could be done with that I hope the author will dwell more into this and bring it to life in a longer book. Very intriguing.

Room Service:
I found great humor in this story. The frustration of the human and his anger towards the vampire made for a good story. I was not surprised at the ending of this one either, and found myself laughing.

Cold Comforts:
I found this story to be evil and very twisted and of course I liked it the best out of all the stories for just that reason. This story alone gave importance to the title of this book. I was really hoping the author would follow through with this one just a bit more and bring it up to the point where the man comes in contact, but with that said, my imagination went wild on this and I can actually see this being done to someone.

Nazareth:
I was confused at this fast paced Sci-fi short story at first, and it took me some time to think through what was being said. I’m not a big Sci-fi fan, but once I figured things out, it intrigued me and I wanted to see more.

Digestif:
Enjoyed this information. As all people have fears of our childhood, it is nice to hear people share others and then show how they come to life through words on a page. Very nice.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Women and Other Monsters.