Alexis Bradshaw's Reviews > The Eternity Code

The Eternity Code by Eoin Colfer

Jun 18, 11

Read from June 09 to 18, 2011

It was really good. I just think that it's kind of sad that Artemis,Butler, and Juliet got there memories of The People erased though. And Artemis was finally being a nice boy. :( Oh well I guess it's there fault not his.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Eternity Code.

Quotes Alexis Liked

Eoin Colfer
“And one more thing. About my name — Artemis — you were right. In London, it is generally a female name, after the Greek goddess of archery. But every now and then a male comes along with such a talent for hunting that he earns the right to use the name. I am that male. Artemis the hunter. I hunted you.”

Eoin Colfer
“You guys looking for my dad? People are always, like, looking for him, and he's never around. Daddy is so not here. And I mean that literally and spiritually.”

Eoin Colfer
“So, Mr. Digence, home to visit the family?"

"That's right. My mother's folks are from Killarney."

"Oh, really?"

"O'Reilly, actually. But what's a vowel between friends?"

"Very good. You should be on the stage."

"It's funny you should mention that."

The passport officer groaned. Ten more minutes and his shift would have been over. "I was being sarcastic, actually. . ."

"Because my friend, Mr. McGuire, and I are also doing a stint in the Christmas pantomime. It's Snow White. I'm Doc, and he's Dopey."

The passport officer forced a smile. "Very good. Next."

Mulch spoke for the entire line to hear. "Of course, Mr. McGuire there was born to play Dopey, if you catch my drift."

Loafers lost it right there in the terminal. "You little freak!" he screamed. "I'll kill you! You'll be my next tattoo! You'll be my next tattoo!"

Much tutted as Loafers disappeared beneath half a dozen security guards.

"Actors," he said. "Highly strung.”
tags: funny

Eoin Colfer
“That was horrible. Horrible. That poor little guy."
Pex was unrepentant. "Yeah, well, he asked for it. Calling us ... all those things."
But---buried alive! That's like in that horror movie. Y'know -- the one with all the horror."
I think I saw that one. With all the words going up on the screen at the end?"
Yeah, that was it. Tell you the truth, those words kinda ruined it for me.”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Alexis Bradshaw I got to a kind of sad part and I cried. I actually cried. I've only done that one other time and it was when I was reading New Moon and I balled for like an hour when Edward left Bella out in the forest after telling her good-bye. What a JERK! But still Butler died and then came back to life. So that's okay. Holly fixed his boo-boo.