Aditya Mandalemula's Reviews > Linda Goodman's Sun Signs

Linda Goodman's Sun Signs by Linda Goodman

Apr 20, 12

I didn't believe in Astrology until I bought this book. I just had to read the Aries (the first sign) chapter in the book and I knew then to my great delight that this book is genuine.

This book literally changed a large part of my life. I first went, a little bit, through her Love Signs book before taking the 'Sun signs' and buying it. I didn't care if Astrology is true when I picked up the Love signs book. I was just going through books in the store, so I just took this book and opened the Leo-Pisces chapter (I'm a Pisces and I had a crush on a Leo girl). Once I read the first sentence (may be even before that), I got hooked, and after a few paragraphs, I totally stopped judging this book. I just went through it. I was nodding. I was laughing. I was learning.

But then, I came back to myself and couldn't believe what just happened - I was being foolish enough to take this stuff seriously. I just put back the book and never thought about it again for six months.

And after six months approximately, I remembered that I read something about Leo and Pisces relationship being exactly the way it is described in that book. Now, what's that book? I didn't struggle much to remember it. And I didn't go to the shop straight away. Don't I have better things to do? Ok, after a few days, I made time for it and went to the shop. I took the book and read the same three paragraphs again. I found the Sun signs book leaning beside it. Well, I just took the Sun signs book (I know it came earlier, and that it is more basic than the Love signs), and bought it. Got back to my home, and read the chapter - Aries man (there's an Aries man in my family. He almost always commands me around. Really frustrated with his always noisy dominating presence. But this book made me understand him try to get on well with him), and I found the traits absolutely correct.

And also I found the narration witty. And the things very true. And since then I was following her with absolute devotion. I am a big fan of Linda Goodman. And I consider her a Genius.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Linda Goodman's Sun Signs.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Licha (new)

Licha It is always a delight to read your reviews, Aditya. Never a boring moment. And I hope you get your Leo girl!

Aditya Mandalemula Licha, your encouraging comment came to me when I'm very down in spirit. Abandoned by a few people, feeling totally helpless, your comment gave me more encouragement than you could've known. Well, I didn't get the Leo girl Licha. Couldn't bear that fire power quality. Being a Pisces, I crave for a more gentle and emotionally soothing relationship.

message 3: by Licha (new)

Licha Oh, no. I'm sorry to hear that your going through a down time. But don't worry. Things always do turn up. You will be up on your feet before you know it. Isn't it funny how when you're feeling down, something or someone will bring a smile to your face? I always believe that these small signs come when you most need them to cheer you up even if it's for a brief moment. Always remember that the people that need to be in your life are those that are in it, and those that are no longer needed will slip out of the picture. If they are meant to be in your life, they will come back. As for your Leo girl, well, sorry to hear that too. But sometimes gentle and soothing can be good and better for you in the long run.
Aditya, you also made me smile, not knowing that my simple little comment was going to do that for you. What good timing. I am glad to have brought a little cheer to you. Always keep that bright spirit I have seen of you through this site. It is why I asked to be your friend. :)