Amy's Reviews > How to Survive a Robot Uprising: Tips on Defending Yourself Against the Coming Rebellion

How to Survive a Robot Uprising by Daniel H. Wilson

2037363
Nov 01, 11

bookshelves: non-fiction, punching
Read from June 01 to October 31, 2011

An interesting, rather ambitious, book. How To Survive a Robot Uprising attempts to convey actual information about the current and near-term future status of robotics in the guise of a cheeky survival handbook. While not totally successful, I appreciated the effort and the crisp, clean graphics did add a some pizazz to the more dry and businesslike sections. The main problem with the book might be author Daniel H. Wilson's breadth of knowledge. He attempts to cover a lot of ground in a very short time, rather than focusing on a "subtopic" in the killer robot genre, such as military robots or consumer devices. He even briefly covers human augmentation with robotic parts, in a seemingly tacked-on final chapter.

It is a very good looking book though. The pages are glossy and every section has several minimalistic depictions of robots murdering fleeing humans. I can see why I was given this book by a graphic designer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Survive a Robot Uprising.