Charla Wilson's Reviews > Jane Austen Made Me Do It: Original Stories Inspired by Literature's Most Astute Observer of the Human Heart

Jane Austen Made Me Do It by Laurel Ann Nattress

Dec 15, 11

bookshelves: fiction, historical-fiction
Read from October 26 to November 25, 2011

This wonderful book is full of stories written in Jane Austen fashion. Each writer was asked to pair a story with their favorite Jane Austen Quote. It is editied by my friend Laurel Ann Nattress over at Austenprose.com. Laurel Ann also wrote the introduction which is great all by itself! This book is for all Jane Lovers! I found that as I was reading the stories, I would forget that I was not reading Jane Austen. The stories are that good! There are 22 original stories and each one is as good as the first. If my saying over and over how wonderful this book is doesn't make you want to read it, then look at some of the authors names, because that should change your mind and give you reason to read it! Here is a list of the wonderful authors in this book: Syrie James, Jane Odwie, Lauren Wilig, Stephanie Barron, F.J.Meir, Monica Fairview, Adriana Trigiani, Jo Beverly, Beth Patillo, Margaret Sullivan, Elizabeth Aston, Amanda Grange, Janet Mullany, Maya Slater, Myretta Robens, Diana Birchell, Alexandra Potter, Jane Rubiano and Caitlen Rubiano-Bradway, Pamela Aiden, Brenna Aubrey, Carrie Bebris, and Laurie Vierra Rigler.

Now that is an impressive list! I cannot pick a personal favorite, but I will say that I loved how some of the stories incorporate Jane Austen in the stories and the way she interacts with her own story characters. If you are a Jane Austen fan, you really need to read this book! And who knows, it may even inspire you to write your own Jane Austen story!

For my full review, please visit http;//booktalkswithcharla.blogspot.com
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jane Austen Made Me Do It.

10/26/2011 page 26