Helyce's Reviews > When You Dare

When You Dare by Lori Foster

Jun 01, 2011

Read in May, 2011

I really enjoyed this book. I've been a fan of Lori Foster but it's seemed like forever since we've seem something new. When You Dare is the perfect mix of action, suspense and romance.

Dare McIntosh goes into Tijuana to rescue his friend Trace's younger sister Alani who has been kidnapped. When he finds Alani, he also finds Molly Alexander. Unable to leave her, he rescues both of them. Molly has no clue why she was kidnapped, but Dare's instinct tells him that something is not right with this particular kidnapping.

Dare doesn't understand it, but there is something about Molly that has his protective and possessive instincts kicking in. He wants to help her find out who kidnapped her and why. Molly is in awe of Dare-he's nothing like the men she's had in her life before. Their attraction is hard to deny they don't fight it.

Dare is your typical x-military type-hot, muscular, capable. Molly is a strong woman-she survived 9 days of beatings and humiliation. Very likable characters with a believable romance/relationship. I especially enjoyed how the author showed Dare's softer side as witnessed by his relationship with Chris-his personal assistant and best friend; not to mention his relationship to his dogs.

I was not too surprised at who the kidnapper was and why-I had kind of suspected it. Overall a very satisfying read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When You Dare.