cindy's Reviews > The Sandman: Endless Nights

The Sandman by Neil Gaiman

Jun 01, 11

bookshelves: books-in-1-and-0, gn-sandman
Read on June 01, 2011

Let start by apologizing to all graphic novels lovers, I'm sorry I never took GN seriosly as a form of reading materials, I always thought them like adult childish' book ;) (eventhough I read couple GN before, not Sandman). This novel proofed me WRONG! It has the complexity of a great novel, a solid storyline, and beside that all, I LOVED the graphics. It really set the tone and nuance.

So, you know I'm a newbie here, not knowing the artist and all - I always loved Gaiman's work though - but this what I got after reading it.

1. Death and Venice
It's dark and stressing. The characters were beautifully cleanly drawn. The story was kind of absurd but how shouldn't it be. Actually this is the one story that hooked me up.

2. What I've Tasted of Desire
The drawing was a little to vulgar to me, but the story... LOVE it. I really like the page when there are drawings of the profile of the characters getting older and older and older.

3. The Heart of A Star
So this is the main character ha.... Interesting!!! Seems like he easily got misunderstood. Can't wait to read more.

4. Fifteen Portraits of Despair
How can someone describe despair so perfectly in so little words. It gave me shivers.

5. Going Inside
It's my second most loved story after Death and Venice in this book. It sooo crazy-savvy-deliriusly insane.

6. On A Peninsula
Also love Delirious in this chapter, not too much for Destruction. I unexpectedly do not like the graphics of this chapter (sooorryy....). I think it too shipshape too tidy too much like marvel and not like the others on the book.

7. Endless Nights
It's bright, it's simple, it's perfect!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sandman.

06/01/2011 page 58
36.0% "i'm a newbie to sandman realm. kesan pertama: WOW!! *_*"