Mandy's Reviews > Match Me If You Can

Match Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Jun 03, 11

bookshelves: reading-challenges
Read in May, 2011

I grabbed this book off the shelf at the library, because someone had recommended the author to me. I didn’t bother to read the dust jacket at all. I really shouldn’t have liked this as much as I did. First, I read a book out of order. Seriously out of order. This is book six! Second, it’s contemporary romance. Um, not my thing. Third, this book has both sports and a lawyer in it. That, right there, is enough for me to hate it. But, I didn’t.

The story was so cute. The characters were fun and I loved the way they interacted. The secondary characters were endearing. (I guess they have their own books in the series.) The spunky offbeat heroine definitely made the book. Even the plot line was good. My only problem was with the whole, “you have to say I love you” crap. It was pretty ridiculous and felt like filler. I think I might go back and read the rest, even if they revolve around a sports team.

PS: Penalty flag? What’s that? I hope it involves a big sequins-y sparkly rainbow-y flag being twirled.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Match Me If You Can.