Peep (Pop! Pop!)'s Reviews > High Five

High Five by Janet Evanovich

May 31, 11

bookshelves: liked-cause-im-crazy, read-in-2011, tis-funny, adult-cravings
Read from May 01 to 02, 2011

I read this at the beginning of the month! I had a review written but somehow it got deleted from my computer. I was mad so I didn't write another one. It was a dumb move on my part because now I can't remember much of what happened!

Going from my notes:

One of the funniest parts of the book was when they were describing Uncle Fred, the most frugal guy you'd ever meet (that's a nice way of saying it). Anyway, consider this paragraph:

"Uncle Fred was someone I saw at weddings and funerals and once in a while at Giovichinni's Meat Market, ordering a quarter pound of olive loaf. Eddie Such, the butcher, would have the olive loaf on the scale and Uncle Fred would say, 'You've got the olive loaf on a piece of waxed paper. How much does that piece of waxed paper weigh? You're not gonna charge me for that waxed paper, are you? I want some money off for the waxed paper.'"

It describes Uncle Fred perfectly. Also, I thought it was pretty funny. I wanted to try something like that at my grocer but somehow I don't think it would work out how I'd want it to.

I liked Bunchy! I thought it was sweet the time Stephanie brought him food (even though he wasn't around to eat it).

I really, really like Ranger but he scares me! And I really, really like Morelli, but he doesn't want to commit! What's a girl to do?? Personally, I'm rooting for Morelli. They have history. Ranger seems like he would have ex-girlfriends that wouldn't think twice about cutting Stephanie!

Why doesn't the bad get that monologuing is ALWAYS bad. Always. No one ever gets away with the crime after monologuing. I've seen real statistics, it's not pretty!

I was surprised to see that Ramirez was back and just as creepy. I feel bad for anyone that had to deal with him!

PS. I am strongly considering giving up this series if the next book involves a missing/stolen/vandalized/blown up/etc car. Old, old, old, it's getting old! (And still funny but come on, help me out here!)
P.P.S. I think Stephanie lives in an awesome apartment building. I love how they stick up for each other and how Mrs. Bestler runs the elevator.

P.P.S. What did happen with the Uncle Fred storyline? My notes do not give me anything. All I have is Ranger and Morelli written a few dozen times!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read High Five.

message 1: by Amanda (last edited Jun 02, 2011 07:14AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amanda If I remember right every book has a missing/stolen/vandalized/blown up/etc. car. If not every book, then it's every other book. Personally I loved books 6-12, then they get a little boring. Lulu gets extremely repetitive in the last few books.

Peep (Pop! Pop!) Ohhh, I didn't know the car thing was going to be used in the later books. I wonder if it'll be annoying or funny? I've been warned that the books get lame, I just didn't remember which ones. Good to know I have until Book 12!!!

Oh Lula!! How could she let me down??