Amanda's Reviews > A Match Made in High School

A Match Made in High School by Kristin Walker

Jun 01, 11

bookshelves: ya

Aside from the situation that brings all of this about (a marriage for seniors) seeming fairly improbable, Kristin Walker delivers a fun, dramatic read that's perfect for fans of GLEE or anyone that reads.

The cover screams teen drama, and that's precisely what you get. Jerks, jocks, cheerleaders, rockers, love, betrayal, pranks . . . this book has them all. And there are parents. Real ones. Ones that get involved and actually have a role in the book. Oh, and real characters. Johnny Mercer isn't your hot jock or even the mildly attractive sidekick. He's just your average Joe, and Fiona's not exactly gorgeous either.

My biggest critiques are in the marriage class that seems incredibly unlikely (although incredibly hilarious) and in Fiona's best friend Marcie, whose actions don't always come across as being true to her character. Obviously I got over the interesting plot easily, as I enjoyed the book, but Marcie was a little harder to overcome; her unbelievable words and actions felt jarring to me on more than one occasion.

All in all this was a fresh, spunky read that I enjoyed. Props to Walker for creating a great YA novel for real young adults.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Match Made in High School.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jade (new)

Jade Do you have a copy of this?

Amanda Jade wrote: "Do you have a copy of this?"

Indeed! It's one that I got in NYC last May and finally got around to reading a month or two ago. The review's up on my blog, and with any luck I should have it up here and on Amazon today.

message 3: by Jade (new)

Jade Yeah, I've had a copy for awhile, too. I haven't gotten around to reading it yet.