Rebecca (Vicariously!)'s Reviews > Tiger's Quest

Tiger's Quest by Colleen Houck

Jun 02, 11

bookshelves: books-read-in-2011, books-i-loved, favorite-books, books-i-own
Read from May 31 to June 03, 2011

This sequel was exquisite. In a world where practically every book you read or write is compared to Twilight, this book takes that comparison and tells you where to shove it.

I never thought I could love anything as much as I loved the first book, but this was just wow. There is just no other word to describe it. The book has you from the very beginning and takes you on a rollercoaster ride like no other.

Maybe, like me, in the beginning you were cheering for Ren but, due to Ms. Houck's incredible storytelling, switched sides for Kishan. Maybe you're still on TEAM REN. I really don't know. What I do know is that if you cannot root for both brothers after reading this phenomenal book? Then you completely missed the point.

Also Durga is a sneaky bitch. That is all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tiger's Quest.

Quotes Rebecca (Vicariously!) Liked

Colleen Houck
“I find that all people are fundamentally alike. We are one human family. Perhaps we have different clothes, our skin is of a different color, or we speak various languages, but that is on the surface only. We all have dreams and seek for things that will bring true happiness. To know all the world, I just need to learn about myself.”
Colleen Houck, Tiger's Quest

Colleen Houck
“One's enemy is often the best teacher of tolerance.”
Colleen Houck, Tiger's Quest

05/31/2011 page 166
27.0% "NOOOO!! I want to cry on so many levels."
06/02/2011 page 374
60.0% "I've totally switched OTPs. That is all."