Shelley's Reviews > The Age of Innocence

1947862
Jun 05, 11

bookshelves: 1001-list, read-2011
Read from May 31 to June 05, 2011

What a great book! Really enjoyed every single word - and had no idea that Edith Wharton had such a good sense of humour.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Age of Innocence.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris Another favorite! :-)

Lisa Age of Innocence is one of my all-time favorites. I have read this book several times, and it's always as if for the first time. Having seen the film version many times, as well, I now have the actors' faces in my mind when re-reading it, but not a problem with Daniel Day-Lewis! Amazing how someone's life can be broken to bits with nary a word from his community. The subtle, yet brutal ways in which these people keep their elite world "unpolluted" wonderfully described.

Rose I loved this as well! The movie by Martin Scorcese does the book justice and is worth seeing!

Shelley The movie is definitely on the to-see list!

Elizabeth (Alaska) I'm so glad you like it. As you may know, I've nudged this to the top of my all time list.

Shelley Thanks Elizabeth. Yes, your nudging to the top of your all time list, nudged it up my to-read list! So thanks for that.