Libby's Reviews > Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky by Daniel  Coleman

F 50x66
May 31, 2011

Read in May, 2011

I am a Lewis Carroll Fan. I do not say that, meaning that I've read Alice in Wonderland and think it's cool and hip and I like to argue about the various movies that have been put out about it. I say that because I read his complete works at a young age, including his word puzzles and such. We read Alice in Wonderland in a book club I was in and was mildly annoyed that I was the only one who understood all of the symbolism of it being a story about personal identity as one grows up and passes through various stages in life. I Am A Lewis Carroll Fan.

This book rocks. I was hesitant, and some of the additions of vocab from the original poem at first seemed a little uncomfortable, but I think it was more my defensiveness. The story is captivating and true to the poem. Basically, the author wrote the back story to the poem "Jabberwocky". The story takes place in the Wonderland world, but he makes it more approachable and fills it out to a real place you can envision in your mind. The characters are full and realistic. The writing is excellent and I found at the end of the story wanting more. Lucky for me, the next book, "Hatter" comes out soon!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jabberwocky.