Paris's Reviews > Blood Drive

Blood Drive by Jeanne C. Stein

Jun 01, 11

bookshelves: urban-fantasy
Read from May 31 to June 01, 2011

The Anna Strong series is a lot like the Mercy Thompson series, fun, light reading with characters that I just hadn’t found myself fully invested in until late in the series. It wasn’t until book six, Chosen, that I finally found myself carrying about Anna and the people around her (a lot like with the Mercy series where I didn’t feel like I cared much until book five, Silver Borne). It seems like the first 5 books were filled with world building and situations that finally got Anna to where the series really should have jumped off. The author could have easily squeezed the first five books into two or three, but then maybe she hoped that drawing it out would allow the reader to become invested in the characters and what happened to them. Unfortunately, that didn’t really work for me. I was able to breeze through each book in a day and it wasn’t necessarily because I was dying to see what happened next, the only exception to that was book six, where I really needed to know what happened to Anna.

The books are easy reads and definitely interesting and fun, so I would recommend anybody who likes Urban Fantasy read this series. And I hope that now that we’ve reached an interesting point in Anna’s life, that the rest of the books in the series follow suit.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Drive.

06/01/2011 page 159