Lacy's Reviews > A Discovery of Witches

Jul 15, 11

bookshelves: read-from-library
Recommended for: everyone
Read from July 10 to 15, 2011

I absolutely loved this book. I am going to buy this one for my bookshelf, recommend it to my friends and family and add it to my favorite list. This story was smart, enchanting, entertaining and just, *sigh* awesome.

The characterisation is so in depth and intense that I know I will miss these characters while I wait for the next book to come out. I adore Diana and Matthew, flaws and all, whether they are together or apart. I love the smaller characters, especially Marcus and Ysabeau, who add that special something to the story while enhancing the main characters traits. Marcus made me laugh and Ysabeau is strong, but compassionate.

The romance was passionate and well paced, even with the short time span. I thoroughly enjoyed the scholarly aspect, with the college, research and history. The settings were described perfectly, ranging from the school to the forests to the individual homes.

I loved the witches, the vampires, the ghosts, the demons and the house with a mind of its own. The author made these characters and this world her own and I am so glad that I got to visit.
Likeflag

07/12/2011 page 55
07/13/2011 page 182
31.0% "I am loving this story and romance. The intensity is similar to Twilight, but different because it involves grown ups that are not human. The plot and setting wraps around the two main characters in a vivid way making the read very intriguing. I am glad that this is a long book!"
show 2 hidden updates…