Christi Snow's Reviews > The Highlander's Touch

The Highlander's Touch by Karen Marie Moning

Jun 02, 11

Read from May 31 to June 01, 2011

My Review:
19 years ago when dh and I first got married, I worked in a bookstore. At that time, I read TONS of historical novels and ADORED time-travel novels. If I had read this book then, I think that I would have enjoyed it more. Unfortunately, at this point in my life, I just don't enjoy historicals like I used to. This book really drug for me- lots of historical/medieval detail that I am just not that interested in anymore.

That being said, I am still very glad that I stuck with this book even though my huge TBR pile was calling my name. There was a HUGE surprise at the end which I feel will come into play later in the series. And yes, I am going to continue reading the series. Glancing at the back covers to come, it looks like the coming books have a more contemporary feel...so I am not giving up the series yet.

And because I have it marked and it gave me a giggle, let me share this quote with you from the book. It is from Circenne, the hero in the novel, who is fairly rigid about his life rules...
He'd sternly reminded himself of rule number four-- no physical intimacy. But it had done him no good. Rule number four seemed to have become quite friendly with rule number one-- never break an oath- and was cozying up nicely to rule number two-- do not lie. What a crowd they were becoming, his broken rules.

Remember, all book reviews are subjective. This is one of those books that most people really love. I just didn't happen to be one of them. ;o)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Highlander's Touch.