UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish's Reviews > Unlocked

Unlocked by Courtney Milan

Because even wallflowers fight back…

Bravo!

This might be the best novella I’ve ever read. It was such an emotional story, one that had me in tears one minute and laughing the next. It’s a story filled with hurt and sadness, hope and happiness, forgiveness and love.

Years earlier a callow, cruel Evan Carlton, Earl of Westfeld and his cousin, Diane, ruined a young woman’s debut into society, and pretty much turned Lady Elaine Warren into a pariah. She lost any hope of marrying well, and as if it weren’t enough, Diane continued the tormenting and teasing long after Evan fled England, unable to face Elaine and the pain he’d caused her. But now he's back, and determined to make things right!

I wasn’t sure if I could forgive Evan for the devastation he’d caused Elaine all those years before, but Ms. Milan created such a powerful story with believably human and perfectly imperfect characters, that I couldn't help but fall in love with him and cheer for his and Elaine’s happily ever after.

Note - Unlocked is book 1.5 of the Turner series, and a novella of 28,000 words, or about 111 pages. It's worth well more than the $.99 pricetag.
37 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unlocked.

06/08/2011
7.0% "Wow, how sad."
06/09/2011
100.0% "I could not put this down. What a wonderful story."
12/28/2015 marked as: own-have-read

MelissaB Great review UM! I thought it was wonderful too especially for a short story! It packed an emotional punch.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks, Melissa! Wow... I don't know when I've read a better novella. It makes me want to go back and read Unveiled (Turner, #1) by Courtney Milan, but it was a netgalley book. *sigh*

MelissaB You don't get to keep net galley books?

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish No, they "expire" after 60 days and are no longer accessible.

message 5: by Hannah (new) - added it

Hannah PBI-you can redownload Netgalley titles after they expire if you're using the epub version, as long as the publisher has not removed the book from the catalog. If you send the book to your Kindle it doesn't expire.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Really?? I didn't know that! Unfortunately, it was an epub version. :(

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I went back and tried to find it, but I can't see where to redownload it, and when doing a search, there's nothing by CM showing up at all.

message 8: by Hannah (new) - added it

Hannah If you login to Netgalley, click on My Home, then under My Notifications, New Invitations to View Titles, and click on view all then you should see all the titles you've been sent. Unveiled is still available in my account to download so it should be in yours as well.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Ok, I'll follow your steps. Thanks, Hannah!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish OH THANK YOU! It even let me mail it to my Kindle!!!

Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥ Too bad there's no way I can't read it. I just feel want to migrate to US ;-)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Nisha Mslvoe wrote: "Too bad there's no way I can't read it. I just feel want to migrate to US ;-)"

I understand!!!

Lisa Kay Hey, neat! I neat review and neat information in the comment thread. Double neat!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thank you, Lisa Kay! Yep, I learned some neat things!

Steamywindows♥♫ Great review, I had been interested in this story, but will get it for sure now. Thanks UM*D*

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thank you, Steamy! I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish If you've been wanting to read this, now's the time. It's FREE for Kindle!!!!!

Unlocked (Turner, #1.5) by Courtney Milan

Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Unlocked-ebook/...

I checked B&N and Sony and it's not free yet. I don't know if it will be or not.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish If anyone is interested, this book is currently free on amazon! (as of 2/11/12)

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* Superb review, Dhes! I loved this one as well.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thank you, Carol. I just read yours and I got all teary eyed reading your comments about Lady Elaine and her strength... beautiful review, yours.

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* Thanks again, Dhes!

Sarina Unlocked has finally done it. It blew me away. 5 stars. Marvellous and a very romantic tale. :D

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Sarina wrote: "Unlocked has finally done it. It blew me away. 5 stars. Marvellous and a very romantic tale. :D"

Soooooooooooon glad!!

Sarina UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... wrote: "Soooooooooooon glad!!"

I'm glad you're glad. ^__^

Zaina Since I don't have enough time for a full length novels these days I'm reading novellas ... I'll go ahead with this since you liked it that much ^_^

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Zaina wrote: "Since I don't have enough time for a full length novels these days I'm reading novellas ... I'll go ahead with this since you liked it that much ^_^"

Oh, I adored this story. It was emotional, romantic, poignant.... I hope you love it, too!!!

Bespectacledreader Thank you for the review! I am excited to read it! :)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Bespectacledreader wrote: "Thank you for the review! I am excited to read it! :)"

Thank you for reading! I adore Courtney Milan's stories!

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

excited to read this!!!

I just got my first kindle :D

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Nice, Karen! Enjoy the story and all the amazing worlds you'll unlock with your Kindle!!! *hugs*