Sabrina's Reviews > The Next Best Thing

The Next Best Thing by Kristan Higgins

May 31, 2011

Cheeky Summary: CRIED! LAUGHED! ADORED! Seriously, there are too many good things about this book to sum up except to say that Kristin Higgins continues to win over my reader heart with each and every book I read. She's a master at funny, emotional books that stay with you long after you close the book. I'm not kidding – I apparently talked about this book so much that my husband came in when I was writing the review and asked, “Is that the book you talked about and cried over on our vacation?” Yes my dear husband, this is that book.

I've had this book on my TBR shelf for a VERY long time. And even though it's from early 2010, I knew I just had to write a review on it still so that anyone else who missed it the 1st time around could add it to their list of books to check out!

What initially caught my attention about this book was the cat on the cover. If you don't know, all of Mrs. Higgins books usually have a dog on the cover – this was the very first cat and it really stuck with me and helped me remember this book.

Sitting here trying to figure out what to say to help you understand what I thought about this book, and all I can think of to say is READ THIS BOOK. Seriously, this book is a wonderful story that has everything a good book should – likable leads, emotional twists and turns, real laughs and complications that will have you rushing through the pages.

There's nothing else to say that will do this book justice in my eyes. It's Kristan Higgins at her best - funny, sassy, emotional, deep, etc. etc. and so much more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Next Best Thing.

message 1: by Katandra (new)

Katandra Nunnally sounds like a good read. great review.