Melindeeloo's Reviews > Magic Slays

Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews

Jun 23, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read in June, 2011

There is really just no way to write a review that does Magic Slays justice without being spoilerish because, while the writing, the plot and the characters make the story really good, it is all of the little things that make it great. So without giving too much away, here are a just few of the things that made Magic Slays the newest addition to my very small keeper shelf ...

I loved the humor, especially Kate's banter with several of her cohorts and 'his furriness' - I had forgotten how snarkily funny this series is.

I loved seeing Kate and Curran together, their relationship will never be a smooth one with such dominant personalities but that is exactly what has the potential for keeping their relationship as interesting in the future as it is now - and there was one spot in the story in particular that was so surprisingly sweet that it had my inner romance reader sighing.

I loved the emotional roller coaster of the story and the gamut of emotions for Kate and me both - including some very nervous moments along the way since there are no guaranteed happy endings or ever afters in urban fantasy.

But most of all I loved Kate, through the series she has been great and here it was so very satisfying to have a heroine who was both powerful and smart - so not only did she rock in the action department, but she managed to hold her own - and actually kick butt - using her smarts instead of her sword in a confrontation of a different kind with the pack as well.

So a big gushing fan girl thumbs up for Magic Slays. I am always afraid that books I anticipate as much as this one will let me down, but no disappointment here on any front - I know it sounds cliche, but since Kate Daniel's world keeps on getting richer and the characters and relationships continue to develop, this series really does keep getting better with every book. And the last few lines of the ending to Magic Slays - Wow, game on - have me totally amped up for the next trip to Kate's magical Atlanta.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Slays.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Same here!

Melindeeloo Good stuff:) And now I have a new mental image of Curran since Andrews' blog said that the actor who played Thor without a beard, would make a good Curran.

message 4: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen I got to 85% too last night and had to stop. I am anxious to get back to it.

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ Melindeeloo wrote: "Good stuff:) And now I have a new mental image of Curran since Andrews' blog said that the actor who played Thor without a beard, would make a good Curran."

i definitely agree....verra yummo. I did kinda picture him even beefier but Thor will do...LOL!

Michelle Cummings Great review. Couldn't agree more!

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) Yay... Chris Hemsworth for Curran. And I even teared up in that emotional scene. Great review, as usual.