Cate (The Professional Fangirl)'s Reviews > A Visit from the Goon Squad

Jul 08, 11

bookshelves: 2011-reads
Read from May 31 to June 01, 2011

EXCELLENT!

This is the first Pulitzer Prize winning book that I actually liked. Very well-written and the story is just so fascinating.

I didn't get the ending much, though. *shrugs*

Anyway, this gave me the feel of "Paris, Je t'aime" or "New York, I Love You". A different story - or at least, a different PART of their story - in every chapter. Also, I admire how well thought out the whole thing is. Everyone is connected to everyone. Very intelligent writing.
8 likes · flag

Quotes Cate (The Professional Fangirl) Liked

Jennifer Egan
“Like all failed experiments, that one taught me something I didn’t expect: one key ingredient of so-called experience is the delusional faith that it is unique and special, that those included in it are privileged and those excluded from it are missing out.”

Jennifer Egan
“I'm always happy," Sasha said. "Sometimes I just forget.”

Jennifer Egan
“Structural dissatisfaction: Returning to circumstances that once pleased you, after having experienced a more thrilling or opulent way of life, and finding that you can no longer tolerate them.”

Jennifer Egan
“This is the music business. 'Five years is five hundred years' - your words.”

Jennifer Egan
“The pause makes you think the song will end. And then the song isn't really over, so you're relieved. But then the song does actually end, because every song ends, obviously, and THAT. TIME. THE. END. IS. FOR. REAL.”

06/01/2011
50.0% "Wow that was fast. I couldn't put it down!"

Kwesi 章英狮 I think most of the youth, I mean younger reader liked this book. I might start this one next week.

K.D. Absolutely I like the fact that you liked this book! Because you are young!