Cindy's Reviews > Princess Academy

liked it
Recommended for: Young Girls
Read in June, 2007

(warning: spoilers)

Ok, so I hate it when people hype up a book so much that there's no way you can ever enjoy it. That's what happened to this book. Everyone told me I would love it so much, and so when I read it I was, I couldn't help but be...disappointed. It was good, don't get me wrong! I enjoyed it. I read it fast, it was a book that I wanted to find out what was going to happen next. But I found it to be very predictable and it felt very confining. She mentioned that the mountain was beautiful, but it didn't feel beautiful, there's weren't many descriptions of the beautifulness of the mountain, and because of that I couldn't wait to leave the mountain, but unfortunately the action in the book took place in only 2 places at the village or at the academy. That was kind of dull. Even when the bandits threatened to take the girls away, I thought, oh, good, they're finally going to get away from this mountain, but no, they didn't.

Ok, there's more things that I was going to say, but it's better saved for a discussion rather than a review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Princess Academy.

Mabel Beauty isn't always conveyed in rich, elaborate descriptions or a lot of adjectives. Mount Eskel was profoundly beautiful in its quiet, light and enchantingly simple way. Its beauty was enhanced even further by the love of its inhabitants.
If the mountain conjured up anything in my mind, it was beauty. This isn't just a story for young girls, but for anyone searching for a little bit of magic in a faraway place.