Cathrine Bonham's Reviews > Dracula the Un-Dead

Dracula the Un-Dead by Dacre Stoker

Sep 30, 11

Recommended for: No one
Read from June 07 to 13, 2011, read count: 1

This book was horrible. If you have ever read the classic novel "Dracula" by Bram Stoker DO NOT READ THIS. It took me forever to read because I kept getting mad at it. I only finished it so that I could write this review with a clear conscience. This is nothing but one really long Fan Fiction written by Ian Holt and endorsed by Dacre Stoker.

First of all it can not be a sequal to the Classic novel if you rewrite the events of the Classic novel. They don't even follow the format established in "Dracula" of Letters, Journals, Newsprint. Instead the manuscript that these two wannabees write is nothing but a standard Third Person narrative.

I Can't believe that the Stoker name is attatched to this. How is it honoring your ancestor if you make him a character in your book and accuse him of stealing the idea for his novel? Though over use of Sex and gore certainly smacks of Hollywood which is why I am guessing that Ian Holt wrote most of this.

In short I am half suprised that the Vampires didn't Sparkle.
30 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dracula the Un-Dead.

message 1: by Rodrigo (new)

Rodrigo Not to mention the fact that the original book took place in 1897, not 1888. The villainess was all right, but the time setting was not.