Cherrylea's Reviews > The Fool's Girl

The Fool's Girl by Celia Rees

Jun 05, 11

Read from May 30 to June 05, 2011

It wasn't that bad, towards the end, I suppose. But I never really got out of my boredom - I read it to read it, and that was it.
What I liked? Hmm... author techniques, style, and organization I guess. There was a 3rd person narration, but sometimes it would go into a first person narration, but that was only when that particular character was speaking and telling their tale to another. Those parts were done well. Also, the whole connection of different stories was pretty nice, though I do admit confusing. The Shakespear touch was good, especially since I was studying him in class and it made a nice connection (even more so since I was particularly reading A Midsummer Night's Dream.)
What I didn't like? It got confusing sometimes, hard to follow, and then I'd lose interest. Like that book, Eon: A Dragoneye Reborn. That was just weird at first, but got much more entertaining by the end. This book was also one of those predictable books; at least, that's what I think it would have been, had I understood what happened most of the time. It didn't help that I skim-read, with the interest factor low.
Recommendation? To middle schoolers who like these Elizabethan Age books, with a bunch of drama and taking-back-my-throne and all that. Perhaps you'll enjoy it more than me.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fool's Girl.

05/30/2011 page 154
52.0% "So far, I'm really bored. I'm leaning towards a 4 for this, since there are some interesting things and techniques used by the author, but that's all I've giving unless I'm seriously wowed soon."