Dorrie's Reviews > The Empty House

Jun 05, 11

it was ok
bookshelves: quick-and-easy-reading, romantic-fiction
Read from May 30 to June 05, 2011

I should have finished this book days ago, but quite frankly, I found it a little boring and I did not devour it like I do books that I love. It was a sweet enough love story, but it isn't a book that I would ever consider reading again. It just didn't do anything for me--didn't make me think or dream or speculate--like better books do. When I was away from it, I didn't long to be reading it, like I do with the books I love. The characters were okay--I didn't really feel any kinship with Virginia, the main character. I would have loved to have learned more about Eustace Phillips, the "knight in shining armor," since he was a much more interesting figure than Virginia. But the story focused on Virginia and her evil mother who wanted her to marry a rich man instead of the man she loved. I thought this book was very predictable and would not recommend it to anyone (except to those that I know like to read books that just skim the surface and are too light and fluffy to be of any consequence). If I were starving, this book would be as satisfying as cotton candy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Empty House.